Cube Formulas "Initializing"

RagnarokX66

I've been using the Cube formulas lately in 2010 and am seeing that you cannot utilize them without first converting a pivot table to formulas using the OLAP tools. Furthermore if the model is changed in any way, these changes are not accessible to the Cube formulas without first refreshing a pivot table linked to the model.

Is there any way around this behavior? I'd like to use the Cube formulas independently of pivot tables. Otherwise I have to first refresh the model, then refresh the pivot tables then refresh the cube formulas to produce valid updated figures. It kind of counters the efficiencies I'm gaining by using them.

Thanks all

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
I've used plenty of cube formulas with 2010. Yes you need a pivot table to trigger a refresh, but only after changing the data model. Saving, closing and reopening the workbook should also work. I guess your software is 6 years old, and many of these problems don't exist in 2013 or 2016

Upvote 0
I've used plenty of cube formulas with 2010. Yes you need a pivot table to trigger a refresh, but only after changing the data model. Saving, closing and reopening the workbook should also work. I guess your software is 6 years old, and many of these problems don't exist in 2013 or 2016

Thanks, I just got my boss to agrees to a 2016 upgrade

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfhw720

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back