Custom View

MikeDBMan

In Excel 2007 why is the Custom Views button always grayed out in .xlsm files?

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Not true. It's fine for me ( Excel 2007 SP2 ). Have you applied SP2? Have you checked that it's not some other attribute of the workbook that would cause the Custom Views button to be greyed out?

Upvote 0
This may sound like a pretty dumb question but how do you tell what version you are running? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Click the Office Icon ( top left of Excel ), then choose Excel Options, then Resouces ... you'll see version information at the bottom of the panel.

Upvote 0
I found it about the same time your email came in. Thanks! BTW, I am running SP2. I created a brand new .xlsm file and the Custom Views is NOT grayed out. So your supposition is correct. Do you have any suggestions as to what might be causing the graying out on many of my .xlsm files? I did not knowingly do this I am certain. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
I seem to have found the root of my problem. I have data formatted as tables on one of the sheets. As soon as I delete the table the graying goes away. Why would that be?

Upvote 0
See the notes about halfway down this page. I'm gonna guess they call this "by design" rather than a bug.

Upvote 0
I see the reference in the middle of the page. So they are saying that we cannot use custom views for any workbook that has a table in it. That doesn't make sense to me. Of course my financial report is going to have a table in it. Is there any way around this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, there isn't, I'm afraid. It's one or the other, unless you write some code to effectively replicate the custom view(s).

Upvote 0
Fascinating.

Thank you for your help. I would have spent hours searching Google thinking there must be an easy way if I didn't post this in MrExcel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back