Data Connection String compatibility between 2007 and 2010 - Jet OLEDB:Bypass UserInfo Validation=False

neadbecker

I have an Excel 2010 pivot table update process that I just recently passed on to a colleague using Excel 2007. Most of the data connections were originally created older versions of Access using a DSN referencing a 2003 databse. I've created a new connection in Excel 2010 that references a table in that same database, but this conenction is using ACE (see connection string below). I worked with my colleague to make sure the database went into the a directory with the same path as I had so the pivot table would update for her. The older connections updated just fine, but the new connection would not update for her. The error was something like it could not find the ISM.

I created a connection from her Excel 2007 just to see if somehow it was different. It turned out to be the same connection string except for this last part: ;Jet OLEDB:Bypass UserInfo Validation=False. When she deleted this part from the connection string in my pivot table file, she was able save the change and get the table to update. I figured I would remove the string from my version in case I need to have someone else update it. However, when I remove the line and update the connection, the change doesn't save and that little string shows up again.

Is there a way that I can save this modified connection string so it will work for my colleauges in Excel 2007? I've made changes in other parts of the connection string, like the data source, and the changes saved just fine.

My connection string created in Excel 2010:
Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Documents\Data Warehouse Reports\Cost Reports 2003.mdb;Mode=Read;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=0;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False;Jet OLEDB:Support Complex Data=False;Jet OLEDB:Bypass UserInfo Validation=False

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azur3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back