Data from multi row and column in Excel table ignoring empty cells.

husoi

Board Regular
Hi Everyone and thank you for looking,

I tried to find a post with what I need but doesn't gets me anywhere close to what i need...

I have a table that is organized as follows:

• rows (first column) have equipment names i.e. pumps, valves, pipes, etc.
  • columns are the locations where the equipment is used.
In the interception I will have the name of the supplier for the that piece of kit for that location.

What I need:
In another tab, the user will choose the equipment from a dropdown list, then Excel will show:
column 1: who the supplier is;
column 2: which locations have been supplied.

Because the table is 200 columns long and over 50 rows (and growing) I need Excel to ignore cells with blank information ("" as the table is populated with formulas gathering information from elsewhere, note that "" can be replaced with 0 if more convenient)

To make it more complicated, the same supplier can be involved in more than 1 location and each location probably will have more than 1 type of equipment. the likes of pumps and pipes to same location supplied by different companies.

I'm open for suggestions for some formulas or any other process, the likes of forms or VBA codes that will do this.

I have started a form for this and the VBA looks like this (I have managed to get the dropdown lists to work but that is as far I can go):

<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; white-space: inherit;">Sub MechButton_click()
' Option button for Mechanical
options
EndSub

Sub ElectButton_click()
' Option button for electrical
options
EndSub

Sub options()
' Display equipment list as per option buttons

ComboBox1
.Clear

SelectCaseTrue

Case MechButton
ComboBox1
.List = Application.WorksheetFunction.Transpose(ThisWorkbook.Names("MECHANICAL").RefersToRange)

Case ElectButton
ComboBox1
.List = Application.WorksheetFunction.Transpose(ThisWorkbook.Names("ELECTRICAL").RefersToRange)

EndSelect

(Got stuck from here)

EndSub

</code>
Thank you very very much for your help

<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; white-space: inherit;"></code>Hu

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingwi11y

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back