Data Mode - Cubemember/value

Darkzler

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue to get text values when using the Data Model and cube functions.

This is my data:

ShipmentTypeFromCountryCodeFromCityFromPostCodeToCountryCodeToCityToPostCodeTypSum of Payweight
YPLLPLMaluszow11111SESkara33333PC
525​
ZIPLIECork22222SETorslanda22222PC
652​
XCLLGBSutton-In-Ashfield33333SEMalmö11111GC
625​

To get the data value in "Sum of Payweight" my formula is: =CUBEVALUE("ThisWorkbookDataModel";$I2;J$1)

However, I want to only have 1 row where I enter the shipment (Y in this case) to see that "Type", "FromCountryCode" etc. updates automaticly based on what it says in "Shipment".
The formula for Type is: =CUBEMEMBER("ThisWorkbookDataModel";{"[Data].[Shipment].&[Y]"\"[Data].[Type].&[PLL]"})

But since I want the "Type" to be dynamic and change depending on what it says in shipment - how do I write this formula?

Edit: Should say "Data Model - Cubemember/value" in the topic but I couldn't change the topic.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hi Darkzler,
I am not an expert by any means, but wouldn't an IF statement do the trick?
For example, =IF(Shipment = BLah, do this, othewise do this? It all depends on how many variables there are within the "Shipment" Category? Knowing how many different shipment categories there are and what those translate to might help some of the folks here better answer this for you.
Here's to hoping you find a solution!

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm afraid I don't know if that would be possible to integrate because the cube member is specified in the formula. I've scoured the forums and google but to no avail, the closest I've got is someone who mentioned that you have to make measures for it to be displayed but I lack knowledge on how to create that properly.

Thanks for replying tho, anyone else care to give it a try? Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back