Date Calculation Errors (YY|MM|DD)

Newbienew

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Day all,

Attached is my spread of computing the number of years worked, a computed age calculator, and time away from work. The math is simple as it trickles down to the answers. If the bottom day is more than the top day, it's plus 30 days and the month is minus 1. If the bottom month is more than the top month, then it's plus 12 and the year is minus 1.

My issue is my math isn't mathing, so to say. My formulas are hit and miss, pending what is entered. I will at times get a negative result or be off by 1. My goal is to be absolute in my answers and I am not sure how to do that with the formula I have in each block. If someone could please aid me it would be greatly appreciated.

QA Workbook (click here)

I'm afraid I can help you fix rows 12 & 16 if you believe they are producing incorrect results but there is no way of getting the row 14 correct without it replicating most of the calculation from Row 16 or simply doing the maths from using rows 12,15,16. I don't see how that is going to be helpful from a training prespective.
Got it. Thank you very much for all you have done. I am very grateful.
I look forward to your expertise in the future

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Appreciate you having followed up on this. Sorry it wasn't exactly what you were hoping for.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kokoanutt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back