krishco68

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Excel Masters,

Since yesterday I am facing one problem in my excel. I have a date column in an excel table. It was formatted as DD-MMM-YYYY and worked properly.
previously I use to enter only date and month and press Enter button the desired format will reflect automatically, but since yester day eventhough I enter the date and month the given formated date is not coming automatically. The example given below

Column A (Formatted as DD-MMM-YYYY)
Previously when I enter date and month the press Enter the full formatted date use to appear automatically
Now when I enter the date and month and then press Enter, nothing is coming automatically only the date and month reflects in the cell. again I need to rearrange the format cell.

Please provide solution for the problem

Regards,
Murali Krishna

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hi Murali

It's a bit of a cop out but have you considered conditional formatting?

Upvote 0
have you confirmed the format in the last cell is indeed what you want? If not, what format is being returned?
Have you changed any regional settings recently?

an xl2bb mini worksheet of your formats and values would be most helpful. See the link below.

Upvote 0
On top of the questions @awoohaw has asked If you put the formula
Excel Formula:
=ISNUMBER(A2)
changing the A2 if needed to a cell reference with one of the dates do you get TRUE or FALSE?

Upvote 0
have you confirmed the format in the last cell is indeed what you want? If not, what format is being returned?
Have you changed any regional settings recently?

an xl2bb mini worksheet of your formats and values would be most helpful. See the link below.
when I ask what format is being returned... I'm asking you to select the cell and choose the format cell>>> Number Tab.... and see what format is the current format of the cell. Also, as part of format confirmation, remove the alignment from the cell, does the cell align left or right?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back