Date format mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy

jues

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings friends

I am working with a Dates form (fmrfechas) that contains three Text Boxes Date of Birth (TxtNACIMIENTO), Date of Admission (TxtINGRESO) and Date of Accident (TxtACCIDENTE) whose information is reflected in cells D16, G16, I16 on Sheet8 (HOME) However, I transcribe the information in the dd/mm/yyyy format but it is reflected in the mm/dd/yyyy format, which results in errors in the results obtained from the decomposition or combination of said dates.

Specifically, I require help with the necessary lines of code so that the information is reflected in the dd/mm/yyyy format and I can use it in combination with other formulas within the spreadsheet.

I will be very grateful for the help you can give me.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Would using the text formula work in this case?

In my example, I have the date listed as 12/31/2023. But if I wanted it to show up as 31/12/2023 I would just use the Text formula and then write the desire format such as below.
VBA Code:
=TEXT(A1,"dd/mm/yyyy")

1704489984324.png

You can also go to custom format and change the date type to the one desired.

1704490063954.png

Upvote 1
Saludos amigo, agradezco tu apoyo, pero el sistema no funciona, sigue tomando los datos en formato mm/dd/aaaa a pesar de haber hecho todo lo que me dijiste =(

Upvote 0
Would it be possible for you to post an example of what your data looks like and the expected results? Just a small sample without any personal information.

P.S. if you need help in Spanish. Please post in the questions in other language section. This section only allows English per the rules.( Amigo, si necesitas ayudas en Español, por favor escribe en la otra sección. Por las reglas del Forum).

Upvote 1
Saludos amigo, agradezco tu apoyo, pero el sistema no funciona, sigue tomando los datos en formato mm/dd/aaaa a pesar de haber hecho todo lo que me dijiste =(
@jues
In future, as noted on the main forum page, please post in English only in this forum.

1704506310394.png

Upvote 1
Would it be possible for you to post an example of what your data looks like and the expected results? Just a small sample without any personal information.

P.S. if you need help in Spanish. Please post in the questions in other language section. This section only allows English per the rules.( Amigo, si necesitas ayudas en Español, por favor escribe en la otra sección. Por las reglas del Forum).
Excuse me my friend about the language, the automatic translator usually plays some jokes, I was able to solve the problem with this code
VBA Code:
Me.TxtNACIMIENTO.Value = Format(Me.TxtNACIMIENTO.Value, "dd/mm/yyyy")
Range("D16").Value = Me.TxtNACIMIENTO
Me.TxtINGRESO.Value = Format(Me.TxtINGRESO.Value, "dd/mm/yyyy")
Range("G16").Value = Me.TxtINGRESO
Me.TxtACCIDENTE.Value = Format(Me.TxtACCIDENTE.Value, "dd/mm/yyyy")
Range("I16").Value = Me.TxtACCIDENTE

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back