Date Problem

LSM1604

Hello,

I have a form which puts a date into a cell, however I have a slight problem with it...

If the date within the form says 15/08/2010, then 15/08/2010 is displayed in the cell.

However, if the date within the form says 06/08/2010, then 08/06/2010 is displayed in the cell.

Why does the cell display the correct date if it is after the 12th in the month, and the wrong date (back to front) if it is the before the 13th of the month?? This doesn't make sense to me?

Any help would be much appreciated.

LSM1604

Below is a small section of my code:

Code:
    Range("Q5").Select
    With ActiveCell
   .NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy"
   .Value = TextBox_DateHidden.Value
    End With

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Andrew Poulsom

MrExcel MVP
Do it like this:

.Value = DateValue(TextBox_DateHidden.Value)

VBA is US-centric when it comes to dates, unless the day and month aren't ambiguous. The DateValue function is locale aware.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stunik94

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...