DAX measure with RELATED

rich987652

Hi, I have a problem with a DAX measure I have created that is not giving me the answer that I had expected?

Can anyone advise if they see anything wrong conceptually with the formula below as a measure:

=SUMX('P L',[Actual Revenues]*RELATED(PSpercent_interco[`PS %]))

[Actual Revenues] is a measure that works fine created through a CALCULATE formula
The amount inside the RELATED functions is just looking up a % to multiply the actual revenues by.

Some of the rows on my pivot table are calculating correctly, but some are not but I can't work out why. I have tried creating a calculated column in power pivot using a RELATED formula to generate a column for the %'s but that gives me the same answer too.

The last column on the attached image is the measure I'm trying to do, and the penultimate column is the one showing the correct calculation - the penultimate column does not generate the correct sub-totals (not shown on the image) which is why I was trying this new measure (where the sub-totals are correctly the sum of the numbers above, but I can't get the measure itself to calculate correctly). You can some rows show the correct figures, but others don't.

Thanks for reading my question.

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    132.3 KB · Views: 11

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back