PowePivot - Create a slicer of a measure or calculate values from one table using filter from another table

priisha

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I've been struggling quiet a lot with this issue and been looking high and low but I'm not able to find any answer.
Hopefully some master can help me solve this issue!

I have two table, lets call them Table1 and Table 2 in Power Pivot. They have relation to each other through
Column table 1: Entry No
Column table 2: Customer Ledger Entry No.

Table 1 contains single value meanwhile table 2 contains multiple row with the same value in column Customer Ledger Entry

So far I'm able to connect these two table and also create a measure for table 2 with the following measure in order to sum the value of multiple row for column Amount in Table 2.
Measure = SUMX('Table 2';'Table 2'[Amount])

When I create a pivot table based on the information, everything works fine, however in some cases the measure is equal to 0 and in these cases i want to create a slicer where I'm able to deselect values = 0 so that it will not show in my pivot table.

If this is not possible i would want to create a column in table 1 where i can sum the multiple row of table 2 based on the filter/value of table 1 column Entry No.

I know there are no pictures or code here but I hope I explained thouroghly enough, otherwise I'm more than willing to explain more.

Please help me!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Is there a reason you can't just apply a value filter to the relevant field in the pivot table to hide the 0 values?

Upvote 0
It’s because the column is a value column and it’s not possible to add value filter directly to the column.
I tried to add value filter in the text field value is not equal to zero but the rows where sum of amount is equal to 0 is still visible so it’s not working.

Upvote 0
I don't follow. You can filter the last row field using a value filter and it should hide any rows that don't meet the filter criteria.

Upvote 0
Can you show how to do it then? Because in my pivot table the last column where I want to filter does not have a filter icon. And when im trying to filter using the first column and choose Value > Value not equal to 0 then the 0 values lines are still available.

Attachments

• bild1.png
    bild1.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 5
  • bild2.png
    bild2.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 5
  • bild3.png
    bild3.png
    12 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
You should put the filter on the Valuta column.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back