Delete Row Macro Required

Gambler

Hi total Newbie here.

I am looking for a macro to delete rows based on the following:

If the words " National Hunt " appear in any cell in the range C3:C700 these rows should be kept i.e. delete rows in the range A3:A700 where " National Hunt " is not in the C column

Thanks In Advance For Any Help Forthcoming.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi,

Try this code.

Code:
Sub delete_Me()
Dim LastRow As Long, x As Long
LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
For x = LastRow To 1 Step -1
    If InStr(1, Cells(x, "C").Value, "National Hunt", vbTextCompare) Then
     Rows(x).Delete
    End If
Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi,

Re-reading this I think I got it the wrong way around, try this eversion instead.

Code:
Sub delete_Me()
    If InStr(1, Cells(x, "C").Value, "National Hunt", vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
     Rows(x).Delete
    End If
Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi..

Not sure if this will work in your scenario.. but one possible way to do it without a loop would be:

* Type "National Hunt" into cell C2 (or C1 if that suits better)..

Code:
Sub Delete()
  Columns(3).ColumnDifferences([C2]).EntireRow.Delete
End Sub

Upvote 0
Mike LH, thanks for your help, that macro is also what I needed for a second workbook. It deletes rows with " National Hunt " in them.

If you read my initial post, I was looking for a macro TO KEEP ROWS WITH " National Hunt " in them, could you provide a macro to do this please.

Also the macro doesn't really delete if you get my drift (excuse my newbie speak) as I have a total row all the way across the worksheet in row A701 and the macro leaves a big gap between the last actual row of data and the total row A701, I was looking for a macro that would bring the total row directly up with no gap between if you get my drift.

Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
apo, thanks for replying but when "National Hunt" is in cell C2 and macro run all rows are deleted

Upvote 0
Mike LH, thanks for your help, that macro is also what I needed for a second workbook. It deletes rows with " National Hunt " in them.

If you read my initial post, I was looking for a macro TO KEEP ROWS WITH " National Hunt " in them, could you provide a macro to do this please.

Also the macro doesn't really delete if you get my drift (excuse my newbie speak) as I have a total row all the way across the worksheet in row A701 and the macro leaves a big gap between the last actual row of data and the total row A701, I was looking for a macro that would bring the total row directly up with no gap between if you get my drift.

Thanks for your help

Hi I realised my error and re-posted #3 above which keeps the rows with national hunt in. The code I posted deletes the entire row so shouldn't leave gaps.

Upvote 0
Sub delete_Me()
If InStr(1, Cells(x, "C").Value, "National Hunt", vbTextCompare) Then
Rows(x).Delete
End If
Next
End Sub

Sorry Mike LH, the above code is great, it deletes all rows with " National Hunt " in them but it leaves a gap between the last actual row with data in it and the total row A701, could you amend it do bring the row
A701 up with no gap, many thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back