Deleting rows

azizrasul

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I want to delete rows based values other than specific values. Here's the code I am using which gives me an error on the .Delete line.

Code:
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("tblComputerSystemInformation")

With ws.Range("C2:C" & WorksheetFunction.CountA(Range("tblComputerSystemInformation[nametype]")))
        .AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="Not In ('OSArchitecture','Name','OSLanguage')"
        .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Delete
End With

In MS Access you can use criteria like

Code:
Not In ('OSArchitecture','Name','OSLanguage')

Is it possible to do something similar in MS Excel?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I think to do what you want you will need to set up an Advanced Filter then run it via VBA or use Power Query(Get and Transform) , please see your other post and the response by @Fluff to see how to refer to a structured table in VBA.

Upvote 0
I think to do what you want you will need to set up an Advanced Filter then run it via VBA or use Power Query(Get and Transform) , please see your other post and the response by @Fluff to see how to refer to a structured table in VBA.

Thanks, I will look into that.

Upvote 0
You're welcome, personally I would use Power Query (Get and Transform) if you have it (it would be useful if you updated your profile to show your Excel version and Operating system as it affects the answers people supply).

The M code for Power Query (Get and Transform) would look something like the below (the below only includes the criteria that was actually in your sheet as there were about 3 criteria that weren't in the sheet and I couldn't be bothered to manually add them).

Power Query:
let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table_tblComputerSystemInformation"]}[Content],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"MotherBoardSerialNumber", type text}, {"groupname", type text}, {"nametype", type text}, {"valuename", type any}}),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each [nametype] = "OSArchitecture" or [nametype] = "Name" or [nametype] = "OSLanguage" or [nametype] = "RegisteredUser" or [nametype] = "SerialNumber" or [nametype] = "SystemDirectory" or [nametype] = "SizeStoredInPagingFiles" or [nametype] = "Manufacturer" or [nametype] = "Name" or [nametype] = "SerialNumber" or [nametype] = "Caption" or [nametype] = "Description" or [nametype] = "CSDVersion" or [nametype] = "ProcessorId" or [nametype] = "FileSystem" or [nametype] = "VolumeSerialNumber")
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're welcome, personally I would use Power Query (Get and Transform) if you have it (it would be useful if you updated your profile to show your Excel version and Operating system as it affects the answers people supply).

The M code for Power Query (Get and Transform) would look something like the below (the below only includes the criteria that was actually in your sheet as there were about 3 criteria that weren't in the sheet and I couldn't be bothered to manually add them).

Power Query:
let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table_tblComputerSystemInformation"]}[Content],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"MotherBoardSerialNumber", type text}, {"groupname", type text}, {"nametype", type text}, {"valuename", type any}}),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each [nametype] = "OSArchitecture" or [nametype] = "Name" or [nametype] = "OSLanguage" or [nametype] = "RegisteredUser" or [nametype] = "SerialNumber" or [nametype] = "SystemDirectory" or [nametype] = "SizeStoredInPagingFiles" or [nametype] = "Manufacturer" or [nametype] = "Name" or [nametype] = "SerialNumber" or [nametype] = "Caption" or [nametype] = "Description" or [nametype] = "CSDVersion" or [nametype] = "ProcessorId" or [nametype] = "FileSystem" or [nametype] = "VolumeSerialNumber")
in
    #"Filtered Rows"
I have never used a power query before. I tried to copy and paste the code behind a command button on a form and the code all went red.

Upvote 0
It isn't VBA, it is M code...

Select your entire table, Click Data tab, click from table or range, click Advanced Editor, paste the code I posted over all the code you see, click done, click close and load, click close and load to, choose new sheet and click ok.

The new sheet is the data you want, if you need to update the info then click refresh all.

Upvote 0
You're welcome (just remember that you manually need to add the 3 criteria to the code that weren't in the table).

Upvote 0
Great, thanks it worked.
Am I right in saying that if the Excel file was given to someone else the Power Query AddIn would automatically be present or would they, assumming it isn't there, have to include the addIn or download it just as I had to do?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kokoanutt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back