Dependent Data Validation List & ByVal Sub

crburke92

Board Regular
Hey all,

I have a Data Validation list on one of my sheets in Cell B1 that drives a ByVal Sub:

VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Range("B1").Value = "All" Then
Range("ALL").EntireColumn.Hidden = False
    ElseIf Range("B1") = "HV Breakers" Then
        Range("ALL").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
        Range("HVBREAKERS").EntireColumn.Hidden = False
    ElseIf Range("B1") = "HV Breaker W/ Timing" Then
        Range("HVBREAKERWTIMING").EntireColumn.Hidden = False
    ElseIf Range("B1") = "LV Breakers" Then
        Range("LVBREAKER").EntireColumn.Hidden = False
        End If
End Sub

This was working fine until I hit the character limit for my list (Just a portion of code, actually much longer). When I changed my list formula to =SheetList!$A$1:$A$24 to allow for a longer list, my sheet stopped updating. Any fix for this?

Ok, the code is in the right place, did you add the word Stop, as it's not there now?
Yes sorry I could have clarified that. I had stop there, it does not open the window the then pan through using F8. I took it out trying something else which is when I took the snip. Like I said too. I initially just had the equipment names listed in the data validation list and It was working fine. I then switched it to the list reference, didnt work, then went back to having them listed in the data validation list as initially done and it no longer worked. Nothing else had changed.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Would you be willing to upload the file to a share? It doesn't need any data, just the code & data validation.

Upvote 0
Would you be willing to upload the file to a share? It doesn't need any data, just the code & data validation.
Yep that's no issue. I'm still in building phase so all information is generic and made up. How do I upload the entire file as opposed to just a photo :)

Upvote 0
You can't upload it here, but if you upload to a site such as OneDrive, GoogleDrive, DropBox mark for sharing & then post the link you are give to the thread.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, unfortunately it's working for me.
You do have macros enabled don't you?

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, unfortunately it's working for me.
You do have macros enabled don't you?
Yes, 100% have macros enabled. Like I said, it was working this morning and just randomly stopped. My module 1-3 still work as well. That’s so weird it’s working for you…

Upvote 0
Try running the reset code again & then change the drop down.

Upvote 0
Yeah I’ll try a few things on my end, see if my buddy can run it on his laptop. Thanks for checking it out and not judging how clunky I’m sure my coding is haha. It’s good to know it at least works somewhere though..

Upvote 0
Hey Fluff,

Just wanted to let you know I found the issue. While macros were enabled, 'Enable Excel 4.0 macros when vba macros are enabled' was not checked. Checked it off and its working now.... Not sure why it's been working for days then stopped on a dime but that did the trick... haha. Thanks for your help today Fluff, you really are the best on here!

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back