Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hi everyone,

I have 2 problems that i would need help with:

1 - I have a start date and time that i want to subtract to a end date and time. It works if i place the start date and time manually, but since i want to use start date with today function and start time with now function, it doesnt work this way...

2- I have a sheet with many prices (horizontal) and clients (vertical), i know, using excel online and office 365, use filter function, but the problem is that i have more than 2 collumns and i would like a way, after choosing the client, only appears the collumns with data and ignore the others.

I have an example file so you can see better what i am trying to explain.

Can someone help please?
Excel Example

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Use the Evaluate Formula operation to step through the calculation.

The formulas that return #VALUE include references to column A, which is empty. Thus, for example, DATEVALUE($A$8) is evaluated as DATEVALUE(0), which returns #VALUE because 0 is not a value date serial number. (Date serial numbers begin with 1.)

Unrelated observation.... The formula =NOW() in C4 should be =MOD(NOW(),1) at the very least, and =--TEXT(NOW(),"h:m") or =--TEXT(NOW(),"h:m:s") is better.

Otherwise, NOW() includes today's date. That is, it is not just time of day, even though that is all that is displayed because of the cell format.

The latter is better because MOD(NOW(),1) is not the binary representation as the time of day as a constant. So it might cause anomalies in some formulas; for example, MATCH and VLOOKUP functions

That might explain the comment in B1 and G1. I cannot be sure because I did not get past the #VALUE errors.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeti1016

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back