Disabling message boxes in automation tool

Neil1988

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi all,

I have a tool 'WRAPPER' which opens other target workbooks, updates inputs and runs existing macros within them.

WRAPPER can also apply loops, running the same target workbook and macros multiple times for different sets of inputs. WRAPPER works great in most cases, but struggles when there is a message box in the macro called in the target workbook as it will pause at this message box until the user intervenes and clicks 'ok' - this prevents automatic looping to run the target workbook multiple times for different sets of inputs.

In the above I'm referring specifically to message boxes created by the target workbook's VBA, and not other pop-ups which I know how to disable. Short of removing the lines of code creating the message boxes from the target workbook, does anyone have any ideas on how to work around this?

Thanks,

Neil

I have a tool which opens other Excel workbooks, updates inputs and then runs exist macros within them. It can also apply loops,

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Hi,

Not that I know of - your only other option might be to duplicate the code (minus the message boxes) in your script.

Upvote 0
Thanks
Hi,

Not that I know of - your only other option might be to duplicate the code (minus the message boxes) in your script.
Thanks, like you say I doubt there is an easy solution to this one. Duplicating code isn't an option as WRAPPER is intended to be generic and work with any underlying workbook - the only problem we've found with it so far is the message pop-ups, which in the medium term can be removed from the underlying workbooks and, in cases where the messages are important, written to a log instead.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back