Disabling print driver host for applications in excel

RICH937

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
80%-90% of the time when I have a serious slowdown, freeze, or crash, I find "print driver host for applications" active under my excel app dropdown in the task manager. I can right click and "end task," which usually solves the hang up. Some random time later, I'll have another slowdown, and it's back. I can usually tell when it's active because my laptop fan shifts into high gear. end task, and it goes back to normal. It's like a wart that keeps coming back no matter how often you cut it off.!Doing an online search, I find similar posts on this causing excel users issues going back years. answers.microsoft has a list of steps to try, and I've done all of those. Does anyone know to simply permanently disable "print driver host" in excel? I'm willing to completely remove all print drivers at this point if that would work!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
If your interested, here's some more stuff on this topic. It's a very aggravating problem that I have not been able to resolve. I'd be very interested in any routine that would address this. Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back