Display File Size in Cell

sachavez

Excel 2007

Is there a formula or function that will display the file size in a selected cell?

Thanks

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Simon Lloyd

You can create a UDF like this:
Code:
Function FileSize() As Variant
FileSize = FileLen(ActiveWorkbook.Name) / 1000000 & " Mb"
End Function
Then in your cell use: =FileSize()

sachavez

Thanks for the reply, Simon.

I am familiar with UDFs and installed the code and UDF as described. However, my result is #Value!.

Do you have any suggestions as to why I'm getting this result?

yytsunamiyy

FileLen() requires the full path - so you'll need

Code:
Function FileSize() As Variant
      FileSize = FileLen(ActiveWorkbook.[COLOR=red][B]FullName[/B][/COLOR]) / 1000000 & " Mb"
End Function
edit: mind you, FileLen will only return the file size before opening.

Last edited:

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reswan

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...