display information on four different userform connected together by a next and previous button to the same spreadsheet

blanco moola

Office Version
  1. 2021
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
  4. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
  3. Mobile
  4. Web
hi am new to excel but i have some basic knowledge on programming in excel vba can you help me with this task. am trying to create a school management system and i have created some user forms which you will see from the screenshot. i want that when i enter the details in those four user forms the results are displayed on the spread sheedsheet named pupils details when i press save button which is on the user form named career how can i achieve that and if their other cool features you would add i will really grateful. your positive response will be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    3.2 KB · Views: 5

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi,

Welcome to the forum

From your image it looks like you will be storing personal data in your application?

My personal view would be to look at developing your application on another platform like Access Database.

if you are not already aware, Excel is not a secure platform to hold personal / sensitive data as any protection you apply can be easily undone - Storing personal data in Excel you face very serious risks, like increasing vulnerability to data breaches, unauthorized access to data, data loss, and much much more.

In addition to this, Excel is not a Database Management System (DBMS) & whilst can be made to work in very limited way as such, programming Userforms with all required functionality will prove extensive as you have to write every line of code yourself.

Before you get too involved, I would suggest having a look at Database application like Access or something similar that may be better suited to your need & will be much more secure to hold personal data.

Others here may have alternative views.

Dave

Upvote 0
Hi,

Welcome to the forum

From your image it looks like you will be storing personal data in your application?

My personal view would be to look at developing your application on another platform like Access Database.

if you are not already aware, Excel is not a secure platform to hold personal / sensitive data as any protection you apply can be easily undone - Storing personal data in Excel you face very serious risks, like increasing vulnerability to data breaches, unauthorized access to data, data loss, and much much more.

In addition to this, Excel is not a Database Management System (DBMS) & whilst can be made to work in very limited way as such, programming Userforms with all required functionality will prove extensive as you have to write every line of code yourself.

Before you get too involved, I would suggest having a look at Database application like Access or something similar that may be better suited to your need & will be much more secure to hold personal data.

Others here may have alternative views.

Dave
thanks very much for your advice am designing a school management system so would you recommend that i change from using ms excel to access?

Upvote 0
thanks very much for your advice am designing a school management system so would you recommend that i change from using ms excel to access?

Hi
Access database is just a suggestion & you can contact the Access Forum here for further guidance if needed but there are other tools out there you can investigate like Business Apps | Microsoft Power Apps maybe?

- I would suggest doing some research first to determine what is best for your particular requirement

Dave

Upvote 0
Hi
Access database is just a suggestion & you can contact the Access Forum here for further guidance if needed but there are other tools out there you can investigate like Business Apps | Microsoft Power Apps maybe?

- I would suggest doing some research first to determine what is best for your particular requirement

Dave
okey but do you have an idea on how i can solve that problem of connecting userforms?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
okey noted

Upvote 0
okey but do you have an idea on how i can solve that problem of connecting userforms?

Not really as I have no understanding of your particular project but if you are starting from scratch & need extensive assistance then contacting a paid consulting service like Consulting Services may be of help to you.

Others here may have alternative suggestions

Dave

Upvote 0
okey noted
It would seem not. We did ask that if you have posted the same question on forums other than the one I noted, you should post links to those as well. It seems there is at least one other.

Upvote 0
ho
It would seem not. We did ask that if you have posted the same question on forums other than the one I noted, you should post links to those as well. It seems there is at least one other.
w do i do that cause am new to this forum?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back