Display last modified time

petro62

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
We have an excel file that is stored on teams/sharepoint. It is opened and modified from there. I originally put in this VBA to display and it seemed to work on my desktop, but once I uploaded that file to teams it doesn't seem to update correctly. I am not sure if this only works for actual "saves" since I don't think they click "save" when they edit it. I was not sure if I needed to use AfterRemoteChange or some other function and how I would set that up.

I just want it to display the last time someone made any changes to the form/entered data in the form.

VBA Code:
Function LastModified() As Date

LastModified = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time")

End Function

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Sharepoint does not support VBA.
So it that code will only work if the file is downloaded and run from the Desktop version.
If you open it directly in Sharepoint, it will not work.

Upvote 0
Sharepoint does not support VBA.
So it that code will only work if the file is downloaded and run from the Desktop version.
If you open it directly in Sharepoint, it will not work.
Good to know. So does that mean there is not a way to do it with it being hosted on Teams? Can it be done via a macro? Or is that also not supported?

Upvote 0
Good to know. So does that mean there is not a way to do it with it being hosted on Teams? Can it be done via a macro? Or is that also not supported?
If you search the web, you may be able to find an Add-In that has a function for that.
I came across this one here with a quick search (though I do not know if it will work on Sharepoint): Displaying Last Modification Time in Excel

From Google searches, it appears that there are some add-ins that will run on Sharepoint. I do not know if they all do, or just certain ones.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back