Distance between ZIP codes - Google Maps

JMH022

I searched the site and found some posts regarding the use of Google Maps through Excel, but none of them are quite what I need to do. Can anyone help?

I have a list of zip codes in Column A and Column B of my worksheet. I need to plug each of these zip codes into google maps to calculate the distance and return the value to the adjacent cell in Column C. Then I need it to loop: move to the next row and do it again until the list is complete.

Can anyone provide me with some VBA to accomplish this?

Appreciatively,

ok. Thank you Alan. The list looks comprehensive, so hopefully all ZIPs are accounted for.

Thanks again to you both!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
resurrecting this thread.

Hey Alan, can anyone send me the file?

just a zip to zip distance calculator please :biggrin:

There was another thread for a hyperlink but its yet another thing I need to learn:confused:

Upvote 0
hi Z, i've done geocoding using Excel + Google Earth. Can show you how to do it, if you PM your email. its not hard to do, but might be very hard to explain - i would rather send you couple sample files, based on what exactly you need.

Upvote 0
hi Z, i've done geocoding using Excel + Google Earth. Can show you how to do it, if you PM your email. its not hard to do, but might be very hard to explain - i would rather send you couple sample files, based on what exactly you need.

Thanks! you got PM!

Upvote 0
Hi all. Would like to revive this thread as I, too, am trying to do some mileage calculations:

I have a spreadsheet with a list of cities where doctors travel to do medical exams. Most of those cities are in MN, but also SD, ND and WI (I do not currently have second column with thoes cities' zipcodes but will create one in a separate, hidden spreadsheet as I do not want the zipcode to be visible to the end-user).

What I want is have a dedicated cell where the user can input any city name or its zipcode - and have Excel return (or even better, filter) all the cities where the docs travel that are within a certain distance (150 miles) of the user-input city/zip code.

I'm really hoping that someone will be able to help with that!!

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back