Duplicate cells across multiple sheets

kristell

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello - can you help please?

I have a spreadsheet with 4 tabs. In Sheet 4 I have a list of 'names' - col c rows 2-1760

I have three other sheets and want to know if anything in that column appears in any of the other sheets (probably in one of two columns) and if it does, highlight the cell in Sheet 4 Col C Red.

What would be the best way to do this? I am struggling with COUNTIF or Conditional Formatting and what I have done so far is not bringing anything back.

Thanking you in advance.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach screenshots (not pictures) of Sheet4 and one of the other 3 sheets. Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).

Upvote 0
It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach screenshots (not pictures) of Sheet4 and one of the other 3 sheets. Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).
That is difficult as it has sensitive information and is a work piece which due to GDPR I can't share.

I will try and cleanse it a bit and upload.

Upvote 0
Here is an example on one sheet, just change the references to include sheet names:

Mr excel questions 58.xlsm
ABCDEFGHI
2Sheet1Sheet2Sheet3Sheet4CF Test
3KABAPQAYMJIIFALSE
4IVGJTKLGDHVOFALSE
5FYCREGDOMPKITRUE
6PKITEYXHADFPFALSE
7BYINEWBGREDITRUE
8EDIENXGBORPRTRUE
9XSOFOHAJQNCVFALSE
10QONRPRKXOKLVTRUE
11PYRIFDFHDGCLFALSE
12POWVSSKLVSGNFALSE
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I3:I12I3=NOT(ISNA(MATCH(G3,VSTACK($A$3:$A$12,$C$3:$C$12,$E$3:$E$12),0)))
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
G3:G12Expression=NOT(ISNA(MATCH(G3,VSTACK($A$3:$A$12,$C$3:$C$12,$E$3:$E$12),0)))textNO

Upvote 0
Hopefully this will work: spreadsheet (Help please.xlsx)

So the tab Other active searches - do any of the items in Column C appear in the other three sheets - SystemDashboards | Adult Profile Sec Lvl | Summary

Upvote 0
It appears that you want to search both columns K and L in the "SystemDashboards" sheet. Is this correct? Will the data to search always be in these two columns in this sheet? Sheets "Adult Profile Sec Lvl" and "Summary" appear not to have any data to search. In which columns in these two sheets would the data to search be located?

Upvote 0
Yes L & N in SystemDashboards
K in Adult Profile
L in Summary

I have mucked up the columns a bit but if you can help with this I should be able to work out different columns if I need them.

That is why I thought it might be easier for it to check the 'whole' of the other sheets?

Upvote 0
try this as your CF rule beginning on second row of column C. (It is the same structure as the formula I have in POST #4)
Excel Formula:
=NOT(ISNA(MATCH(C2,VSTACK(SystemDashboards!$L$2:$L$100,SystemDashboards!$N$2:$N$100,' Adult Profile Sec Lvl'!$K$1:$K$100,Summary!$L$1:$L$100),0)))

Upvote 0
Solution
That certainly has brought up some matches - I appreciate your support. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back