Dynamic Copy & Paste Daily

ADoc01

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all - I really appreciate the help on this forum as always.

I am stuck with the following problem.

Screenshot of Sheet2 shows a list of prices for a derivative contract for a set of tenures (Jun22, Jul22, Aug22 ... etc.). This data is pulled through from another worksheet via VLOOKUP and INDEX MATCH formulas.

At the end of each day, I want to create a macro that takes these prices from Sheet2 and stores them into Sheet3 once the macro is run. I require the data from Sheet2 to be put into the correct tenure (columns) and to the correct date (rows). The desired output for 20/05/2022 is displayed in Sheet3.

I have previously solved this using a macro to copy and transpose the data, however it is only a short term solution as the tenures are changing as time goes along. For example Jun22 will expire and be made redundant at the end of May and this means that it requires regular checking to ensure the correct data is put into the correct row/column and issues are caused when a contract expires.

Note
1) The format of the data in the tenures column in both Sheet2 and Sheet3 is in text and not as a date. This has to stay this way because of how data is pulled into my worksheets both between different sheets and through external RTD sources and workbooks.
2) The data in Sheet2 changes daily and is taken from various other Sheets in the same workbook via VLOOKUP and INDEX MATCH formulas

Please let me know if further explanation is needed!

Attachments

• Sheet2.PNG
    Sheet2.PNG
    11.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Sheet3.PNG
    Sheet3.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back