Dynamic copy range with vba

JoeyGaspard

If you right click on the GeneralJournal tab & select View code, is there anything in the code window that opens up?
Also on the BU08Data sheet select I2 & hit Ctrl + down arrow, where do you end up?
When I hit view code on GeneralJournal, there is none, and when I select I2 on BU08Data and do Ctrl + Down arrow, its stops on the last row containing data, in this case that is row 45

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Do you have any code in the ThisWorkbook module?

JoeyGaspard

If you right click on the GeneralJournal tab & select View code, is there anything in the code window that opens up?
Also on the BU08Data sheet select I2 & hit Ctrl + down arrow, where do you end up?
I got that part to work using this:

'Copy BU 18 Data to Atlas Upload
Sheets("BU08Data").Select
Range(Range("I2:T2"), Range("I2:t2").End(xlDown)).Copy
Worksheets("GeneralJournal").Range("B17").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Now my only problem is the way it is formatting column H on the sheet it is pasting to, cant figure this one out at all, here is what it looks like. you can see how it is different from the other columns.
1584622453872.png

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Along with my question in post#12, do you have any conditional formatting on that sheet?

JoeyGaspard

Along with my question in post#12, do you have any conditional formatting on that sheet?
No, there is no code on that sheet, and no conditional formatting, it only happens in that column after the macro runs. I have verified that the formatting in column H is the same as the column it is being copied from also

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
In that case I don't know why it's changing the format of the column.

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

JoeyGaspard

You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Hey Fluff, one more quick question, I am trying to insert this formula (in bold) into a cell based on another cells contents, and I think I have most of it figured out, but it doesnt seem to like the " in the formula, any idea? It bombs on the firs set of quotations it comes to

Sheets("GeneralJournal").Select

With Range("Q17:Q" & Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row)
.Formula = "=IF([@AccountType]="Ledger",CONCATENATE([@[Main account]],"-",[@BusinessUnit],"-",[@Department],"-",[@CostCenter],"-",[@CIP],"-"),IF(OR([@AccountType]="Customer",[@AccountType]="Vendor",[@AccountType]="Fixedassets"),SUBSTITUTE([@[Main account]],"-","\-",1),[@[Main account]]))"
Range("B17:B100").Select
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete
Range("B17").Select

1584631520811.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donbozone

This Week's Hot Topics