Dynamic header from dependent data sheet

kmonkmol

Board Regular
I have a Data sheet their headers A1: Date, B1: Transaction Code, C1: Transaction No:, D1: Vehicle No: and E1 to P1 is My Products Name. i want in Sheet2 Daily Report My Headers is A3: Products Name, B3 to K3 is My Vehicles No: and my top of the table my criteria "Date and Transaction Name

How can i use my headers (Vehicle No: ):) dynamically, because daily coming different vehicles

Where on Shee1 can I find that date's vehicle numbers . Explain in detail referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data.
Please answer my questions above.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Please answer my questions above.
Dear mumps
My sheet1 c1 is my table header "Date" and F1 table header "Vehicle"
When i change the date in sheet2 G1, i need to get the vehicle detail's in sheet2 F4:J4

Upvote 0
In range F4:J4 there are 5 different vehicles for Opening Stock associated with the date 19-03-2023. However, in Sheet1 there are only 3 vehicles for Opening Stock associated with 19-03-2023. The number of vehicles does not match. Please clarify in detail. Also, do you want the same thing to happen in range N4:R4 for Closing Stock?
That was my original understanding. In one of my previous responses, I posted the above questions which you yet haven't answered. Please note the underlined sections. Range F4:J4 of Sheet2 requires 5 trucks. What do you want to do if there are only 3 trucks in column F of Sheet1 that have the date of G1 of Sheet2 in column C of Sheet1. Please also answer the question in red text above.

Upvote 0
Dear mumps
My maximum number of vehicles is 5, some days truck will be 2 or 3 like, so i need when i change the date if there is only 2 or 3 i don't care but need that details, and there is no truck details need blank

Upvote 0
Try:
VBA Code:
Sub CopyVehicles()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim srcWS As Worksheet, desWS As Worksheet, x As Long
    Set srcWS = Sheets("Sheet1")
    Set desWS = Sheets("Sheet2")
    With srcWS.ListObjects("Table1")
        .Range.AutoFilter Field:=1, Operator:=xlFilterValues, Criteria2:=Array(2, desWS.Range("G1").Value)
        .Range.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="Opening Stock"
        x = srcWS.[subtotal(103,C:C)] - 1
        If x > 1 Then
            With desWS
                .Range("F4:J4").ClearContents
                srcWS.ListObjects("Table1").AutoFilter.Range.Offset(1).Columns(4).Copy
                .Range("F4").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True
            End With
        Else
            MsgBox ("There is no data for " & desWS.Range("G1"))
        End If
        .Range.AutoFilter
    End With
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
If you want the same thing to happen in range N4:R4 for Closing Stock, the macro will have to be modified. Please advise.

Upvote 0
Try:
VBA Code:
Sub CopyVehicles()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim srcWS As Worksheet, desWS As Worksheet, x As Long
    Set srcWS = Sheets("Sheet1")
    Set desWS = Sheets("Sheet2")
    With srcWS.ListObjects("Table1")
        .Range.AutoFilter Field:=1, Operator:=xlFilterValues, Criteria2:=Array(2, desWS.Range("G1").Value)
        .Range.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="Opening Stock"
        x = srcWS.[subtotal(103,C:C)] - 1
        If x > 1 Then
            With desWS
                .Range("F4:J4").ClearContents
                srcWS.ListObjects("Table1").AutoFilter.Range.Offset(1).Columns(4).Copy
                .Range("F4").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True
            End With
        Else
            MsgBox ("There is no data for " & desWS.Range("G1"))
        End If
        .Range.AutoFilter
    End With
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
If you want the same thing to happen in range N4:R4 for Closing Stock, the macro will have to be modified. Please advise.
Hi
I'm getting error "Run time error '1004': , Autofilter method of range class failed

Upvote 0
Hi
I'm getting error "Run time error '1004': , Autofilter method of range class failed
Hi mumps
Thank you for the support, i am done in another way, i got one formula for this, i will share to you
=IFERROR(INDEX(Table1[Vehicle],SMALL(IF((Table1[Date]=$G$1)*(Table1[Transaction]="Opening Stock"),ROW(Table1[Vehicle])-ROW(Table1[#Headers])),ROW()-3)),"")
and Thanks for ChatGpt also

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back