How to Determine If Donating to One Cause Led to Long-Term Donating?

LPax11

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I've been tasked with determining if giving to one non-profit fund, Dollar Club (or "DC"), has led donors to give regularly to the General Fund (or "GF"). I've pulled a lot of data, but I'm not sure where to start to get the end product my company is looking for.
I'm currently using Mac OS, Excel 365.
I've pulled these reports: DC first date giving; GF first date giving; and GF all giving. All four reports contain the same headers (there are others too): Name; Campus; Individual ID; Family ID; Category; Date; and Amount. For the end product, I will be using the Family ID so that donations by multiple individuals within the same family all contribute to the results.
I have a spreadsheet with three tabs where I dropped data from the reports pulled: DC 1st Transaction; GF 1st Transaction; and All Transactions - GF. Due to the amount of data pulled, the All Transactions - GF tab is the result of individual .csv reports I saved to a folder, and then used Power Query to create the spreadsheet tab with the combined data from September 2019 to the end of January 2024.
I know part of determining if DC giving leads to long-term GF giving, donors' first DC giving date needs to be before their first GF giving date. I also need to show if GF giving has remained steady once the DC donors started giving to GF.
Ideally, I also need to create a dashboard to visualize by month the number of GF donors who remained steady in their giving.

Here's a mini-sheet with example data of one of the tabs (Dollar Club Giving):
Dollar Club Example Sheet.xlsx
I
Dollar Club

I know this is a lot. Thanks in advance for any help!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Welcome to the MrExcel Forum. Could you try reposting your example...I see only a single cell (I9).

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Forum. Could you try reposting your example...I see only a single cell (I9).
Oops, thank you for pointing it out. I’ll repost on Thursday when I'm back at work.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the delay. Here's the mini sheet:
Dollar Club Example Sheet.xlsx
ABCDEFG
1Dollar Club Giving
3NameCampusIndividual IDFamily IDCategoryFirst DateAmount
4Smith, JohnMain1101Dollar Club9/5/19$ 1.00
5Doe, JaneSouth111102Dollar Club4/26/20$ 20.00
6Munny, OwenNorthwest115103Dollar Club10/6/19$ 5.00
7Zaster, DeeNorth128104Dollar Club9/7/19$ 2.00
8Bird, Earl E.East145105Dollar Club1/23/22$ 4.00
9Gater, AllyNorth208118Dollar Club1/17/21$ 10.00
10Needham, DeweySouth4120Dollar Club3/29/20$ 250.00
11Key, DonEast218121Dollar Club8/22/21$ 5.00
12Graves, DougMain228122Dollar Club9/8/19$ 20.00
13Fant, EllaMain244125Dollar Club10/6/19$ 5.00
14Cited, FelixNorth262127Dollar Club8/16/20$ 100.00
15Walker, JayNorthwest274129Dollar Club10/6/19$ 5.00
Dollar Club
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
C4:C15Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
D4:D15Cell ValueduplicatestextNO

Upvote 0
@KRice, I'm reposting to see if you or anyone else has suggestions.

I provided a mini-sheet in the previous post. As a reminder, here's the original request:

I've been tasked with determining if giving to one non-profit fund, Dollar Club (or "DC"), has led donors to give regularly to the General Fund (or "GF"). I've pulled a lot of data, but I'm not sure where to start to get the end product my company is looking for.
I'm currently using Mac OS, Excel 365.
I've pulled these reports: DC first date giving; GF first date giving; and GF all giving. All four reports contain the same headers (there are others too): Name; Campus; Individual ID; Family ID; Category; Date; and Amount. For the end product, I will be using the Family ID so that donations by multiple individuals within the same family all contribute to the results.
I have a spreadsheet with three tabs where I dropped data from the reports pulled: DC 1st Transaction; GF 1st Transaction; and All Transactions - GF. Due to the amount of data pulled, the All Transactions - GF tab is the result of individual .csv reports I saved to a folder and then used Power Query to create the spreadsheet tab with the combined data from September 2019 to the end of January 2024.
I know part of determining if DC giving leads to long-term GF giving, all donors' first DC giving date needs to be before their first GF giving date. I also need to show if GF giving has remained steady once the DC donors started giving to GF.
Ideally, I also need to create a dashboard to visualize by month the number of GF donors who remained steady in their giving.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back