Dynamic Sheet Tab Color Changing

SJThib

I currently have a spreadsheet with 38 tabs. Tab 1 is a summation of all the data entered on sheets 2-38. My issue is, that sometimes you'll only use very few of the 37 sheets that the summary pulls from. I want to find a way to easily know which of those tabs numbers are being entered into. I thought a good idea would be to force the sheet tab to change to a different color if it has numerical data entered into it. Each tab is identical, containing 4 different tables with different headers. I tried writing a code that says if a certain cell in each worksheet is not "0", then the tab color changes. The only issue I have is that people insert new rows into the tables to use the worksheet all the time, changing the cell number that I pull the value from. What is a workaround? I need the color to dynamically change as I add and remove values to tabs.

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
If you used Named ranges to name the cell you want to check, then as room as inserted, that named range will move along with it.
And you can refer to the cell by its name instead of using the cell address, so it should always be dynamic.
The only issue were to be if someone deleted that cell (or the row the cell resides in), but that will present a problem for you no matter which method you use.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back