Else If Error

KatKitKat

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
Having trouble with some VBA coding and can't figure out my error. I have a spreadsheet that users will need to filter based on selections they make then select a button to run the code. I added data validation lists in cells D2 and E2 that will give the options to filter the list (both conditions to be met. The VBA will filter the list and do a few other things like insert values, names, etc. There are approximately 18 combinations of criteria so I chose to do the filtering this way.

Below is the start of my code. I am getting a "Compile Error Else without If" error and I can't figure out my mistake. Below is the code so far which just has 3 of the possible combinations of criteria. The code gets hung up on the first "ElseIf" line ("ElseIf list1 = "Construction Contingency" And list2 = "Open" Then").

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

VBA Code:
Sub Button21_Click() 'filter Use Log control button by SOF and Status
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="1234"
    Dim list1 As String, list2 As String

list1 = Range("D2")
    list2 = Range("E2")

If list1 = "Construction Contingency" And list2 = "Used" Then
        With ActiveSheet.Range("A12:J1010")
        .AutoFilter Field:=5, Criteria1:="Construction Contingency"
        .AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria2:="Closed"
        Range("A7") = Sheets("ExposureLog").Range("I2:I2") & (" - ") & Range("D2") 'set for all transactions
        Range("I6") = Sheets("Table").Range("E68") 'set for construction contingency
        Range("I7") = Sheets("Table").Range("E69") 'set for construction contingency
        Range("I8") = Sheets("Table").Range("E70") 'set for construction contingency
        Range("A9") = Range("E2") & (" ") & ("CONTINGENCY TRANSACTIONS") 'set for all transactions - may need IF statement to add note that pending means open
        ElseIf list1 = "Construction Contingency" And list2 = "Open" Then
        With ActiveSheet.Range("A12:J1010")
        .AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria2:="Open"
        Range("A7") = Sheets("ExposureLog").Range("I2:I2") & (" - ") & Range("D2") 'set for all transactions
        Range("A9") = Range("E2") & (" ") & ("CONTINGENCY TRANSACTIONS") 'set for all transactions - may need IF statement to add note that pending means open
        ElseIf list1 = "Construction Contingency" And list2 = "All" Then
        With ActiveSheet.Range("A12:A1010")
    End If
End Sub

Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back