Email docs from word doc by individual pages

Holley

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all! I have a manual task that I am sure could be automated - I'm just at a loss of how to do it. I have a text file that I open in a word template with a company logo. There can be up to 70 pages. Each page break will need to be a different email. The email address is in the same location on each page as is the customer #. Would it be possible to run a macro that will copy the text (even if a page at a time), and paste it into an Outlook message? To make it even better is if it could copy the email address and customer # and past in the appropriate fields? Attached is an example of one page. The highlighted fields are static.
1699644463520.png

Thanks as always!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Hello all! I have a manual task that I am sure could be automated - I'm just at a loss of how to do it. I have a text file that I open in a word template with a company logo. There can be up to 70 pages. Each page break will need to be a different email. The email address is in the same location on each page as is the customer #. Would it be possible to run a macro that will copy the text (even if a page at a time), and paste it into an Outlook message? To make it even better is if it could copy the email address and customer # and past in the appropriate fields? Attached is an example of one page. The highlighted fields are static.
View attachment 101776
Thanks as always!
Where does the data for the statement come from?

If it is in Excel then why not create a PDF file in Excel and attach the PDF file to an email?

Upvote 0
Where does the data for the statement come from?

If it is in Excel then why not create a PDF file in Excel and attach the PDF file to an email?
Thanks for the fast response! Its in Word. We are currently copying the information and pasting it into an Outlook message that is saved that has the company logo. Management is trying to avoid sending as attachments as space is limited.... at least thats what I'm getting.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the fast response! Its in Word. We are currently copying the information and pasting it into an Outlook message that is saved that has the company logo. Management is trying to avoid sending as attachments as space is limited.... at least thats what I'm getting.
How do the statement lines get into Word?

Do they originate in a Sales Ledger system?

Upvote 0
How do the statement lines get into Word?

Do they originate in a Sales Ledger system?
I download a text file from our system and paste into word. Thankfully, it keeps the page breaks and formatting.

Upvote 0
I download a text file from our system and paste into word. Thankfully, it keeps the page breaks and formatting.
There must be an easier way.

Can you create a csv file of the statement details for all customers from your system?

Upvote 0
There must be an easier way.

Can you create a csv file of the statement details for all customers from your system?
I am able to download as csv, but there is no formatting and seems to be all over the place. I'm not that familiar with working with csv files, so that may be par for the course.

Upvote 0
But that is what we are here for. :)

Can you open it in Excel and post an example using XL2BB?
🥰 and I am so grateful too!! I will not be able to do that until later tonight. It is blocked here at work and I can do it when I get home from my PC.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back