Enable Manual Calc For Only Certain Workbooks?

chasfh

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I generally like automatic calculation globally because most of my workbooks are light enough, but I have two very large workbooks that take forever to calculate whenever a cell changes, so I want to enable manual calc for just those two workbooks, while maintaining automatic calc for every other workbook I open.

I have been looking in Options for any calculation setting that is specific to a single workbook and I don't think I have found that yet. I have googled around to find a solution, some of which are in this forum, but they all seem to involve implementing some big hairy VBA code. Seems to me this is the kind of thing that a lot of people would want so a setting for it must be in Options somewhere. Mustn't it?

Before I do anything like VBA, I want to make sure I am not missing a bespoke setting somewhere in Options that allows me to implement manual calc for just this one workbook. Is it in there anywhere? Thanks.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Well, that sucks. ;) Thanks for the quick reply.

I have seem multiple VBA codes to try to solve this problem—do you have a feel for which one is the best/most effective?

Upvote 0
do you have a feel for which one is the best/most effective
Nope, because I don't know what you have seen & it's not something I've ever needed to do.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back