Error "Calculation Required"

Cityofglass88

Receiving an error within PowerPivot not allowing calculations to show results for calculated columns or measures. The error is "Calculation Required" for calculated coumns.

I have the ability to choose "Calculate" from the error's menu and it will show all calculations and their results. However, if I change a formuls or filter the data in PP, it will throw the same error.

This also prevents formulas based on PivotTables from updating when filters are applied. If I go into the cell and press enter, it will calculate properly; just not update with filtering changes.

The data is pulled from a file on a shared folder via PowerQuery. I use this data connection in several other similar reports and they are working properly. Any ideas what would cause this error?

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
is excels default calculation set to automatic or manual

Upvote 0
Very interesting; it was set to manual. Just changed it over to automatic, but that did not resolve the prompting of that error.
I saved, closed, and reoped and verified it retains the automatic setting and still no change.

Upvote 0
the other step is to shut down and restart

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aw man, I was so hopeful! No change. Retained automomatic calculation, but still showing the error.
Just to be clear, I am experiencing this error within PowerPivot's Data Model manager, not within the worskeet. Also, this appears to be affecting only this one workbook.

Upvote 0
Youve hit the limit of my power query knowledge, try starting in safe mode ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hokjock

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back