Error message after PowerPivot data refresh

Megan947

I'm receiving an error message when I try to pull in a certain field into a filter. Just prior to this message, I received a different error message right after I refreshed the data (sorry, I didn't save it), but I got that one to go away after I took the field out of the filter (the message indicated which field was causing the issue)and all was working perfectly again. But now when I go to add that field back in to the filter, I get this message here. I only get it on this particular field. All other fields work when I pull them into the filter. I should also mention that I don't think this is a compatibility issue. I double checked I am not in compatibility mode.

============================
Error Message:
Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
----------------------------
The command was canceled. Please press F1 to get the help topic "Excel Window: PowerPivot Field List" for more details.
Call Stack:

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.CubeField.set_Orientation(XlPivotFieldOrientation RHS)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.ExcelInterOpUtil.AddToFields(String cubeFieldName, XlPivotFieldOrientation pivotOrientation, Int32 positionIndex)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.ExcelInterOpUtil.AddToFields(String cubeFieldName, XlPivotFieldOrientation pivotOrientation, Int32 positionIndex)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.GeminiPivot.SetFieldOrientation(PivotArea location, IGeminiColumn column, Int32 positionIndex)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.GeminiPivot.SetFieldOrientation(PivotArea location, IGeminiColumn column, Int32 positionIndex)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.GeminiPivot.AddToFieldListInternal(PivotArea location, IGeminiColumn column, Int32 positionIndex)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.GeminiPivot.MoveField(IGeminiColumn column, PivotArea source, PivotArea target, Int32 positionIndex)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.FieldListControl.MoveFieldInternal(IGeminiColumn field, PivotArea sourceArea, PivotArea targetArea, Int32 targetIndex)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back