Excel 2007 - 2010 VBA to interact / automate a commercial compiled database - with no back door

warbucks

Gday all

Transportation sector - outsourced cell phone tracking app for our daily loads from across the US

First time VBA user

1. Get all trucks (load no's) from Tuesday to Saturday - Done - simple export from an Access database maketable query I created to excel
2. Google mapping API - run miles from last - current - destination - Done
3. Open the tracking web site - login / password, navigate to proper form (3rd page), to begin tracking loads - done

4. Loop through the excel spreadsheet (200+ records) - not quite done yet ...........:)

Now to my question

Once I loop through the 200 tucks to determine locations, miles run - miles to go , and bring this info back to Excel to run the miles via goole maps, how does one interact with a commercial compiled database written 20 years ago, with no backdoor supplied by the author.

The database is on a cloud, I can automate logging in etc, but not sure how to choose the fields with VBA

Can VBA determine field names etc in this instance? or would I have to go by the fileds onscreen positioning etc? (nightmare on different size / resolution screens I imagine)

In other words I want to take current location, miles to go. Open the cloud database, input the load No, to open the order, hit add field button and input the location / miles into a comment section, then save and exit the order - on to the next order No

regards

Will

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Shakes head.....
this code will get the cursor screen position, how to chain it with VBA for auto input of the Order numbers to open for input

Declare Function GetCursorPos Lib "user32" (lpPoint As POINTAPI) As Long
' Create custom variable that holds two integers
Type POINTAPI
Xcoord As Long
Ycoord As Long
End Type

Sub GetCursorPosDemo()
Dim llCoord As POINTAPI
' Get the cursor positions
GetCursorPos llCoord
' Display the cursor position coordinates
MsgBox "X Position: " & llCoord.Xcoord & vbNewLine & "Y Position: " & llCoord.Ycoord
End Sub

Upvote 0
Excel forum, and 2 replies from myself....lol. Cmon folks..........say something, go away, a code snippet, anything............shakes head again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back