Excel 2007 crashing when adjusting Font size.

THECITYHOUNDMAN

Excel 2007 crashing when adjusting Font size.

I use a 2007 Excel spreadsheet on Win7 for collating information of individual Greyhound records during their week to week racing careers!

Recently a problem first developed where I began experiencing an obvious delay between the accepting of my individual cell entries.

Then when attempting to adjust font size by individual column, Excel (greyed out) stopped responding – but eventually completed the size adjustment.

From a couple of days ago, I began getting an error message every time I opened up – namely: Excel found unreadable content in File “………etc.xlsx”.
Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust etc, click yes.

I recovered the repaired file and it shows the fault as being:

Removed Part: /xl/drawings/drawing2.xml part. (Drawing shape)

*After having recovered the “Repaired” file and saved this – when I re-open it the same problem re-occurs!

I have tried deleting this, by using “cut” & delete commands, copied and pasted to new file but I just can’t get rid of the problem.

*I have a feeling (guessing) that my Excel could perhaps be corrupted in some way, but I don’t know how to go about correcting this
Can anyone help please – preferably in user friendly fashion as I am self taught, long in the tooth and not too well up on things.

Thanking you in anticipation

TCHM

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back