Excel 2010 custom ribbon help

Paul B

I am switching over from Excel 2003 to 2010 and I have added my first custom Ribbon tab in a workbook using the instructions here Excel Ribbon - Add Custom Tab
I have a couple of questions, for now, where is a good place to look at the commands that can be used for this code.

The line insertAfterMso="TabHome"> puts the new tab after the home tab, how do you put it after the last tab, all the way to the right or the first tab to the left?

I am using the add in from Microsoft to see the available icons that you can use as the image Mso, I see no way to copy and paste the icon name form there, anybody know of a site, or workbook that you can look at them and copy the name?

I am sure there will be more questions as I make this switch over, thanks for your help.

that did not take long for another question, how do you goto a tab in code say the tab is named my tab how would you make it the active tab?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
The tab I made though code does not show up here, I need a way to move the tab, with code, when it is made insertAfterMso="TabHome", instead of home I need it after the last tab

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back