Excel 3d Maps - Unable to add more than 1 Field to Location

Rogojosh

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello wonderful people, me again sorry. Ok, so I entered this weird 3rd dimension whereby something I'd not used before just worked, flawlessly, even with me @ the controls. That was yesterday though. Sample of the plethora of error messages today:
'Data range not valid' - the explanation is 'square brackets in file name'. I don't have 🔳 brackets in the file name
'Mapping Confidence 0%, unable to map location' - this fluctuates between 0 & 100%
I ideally wanted to insert postcode followed by location name in the location field. Sometimes it recognises 'Postcode' (drop down select 'postcode' but if I try to enter another field here, such as location name, the postcode vanishes along with the map marker. Postcodes are mapped in incorrect parts of the country also. There are unique values and correct.
I have tried starting with entering postcode then location in every other box to no avail. My locations are unique and correct but in 'Category' it returns 'Location Count Not Blank'.
I have tried using the 1st successful data set and adding in the new data but it is not having it in the slightest - not valid - have also tried deleting connections and starting over many, many times.
Sincerely appreciate some help with this thank you so much indeed. 😥

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Sorry, please disregard, I think I've cracked it thanks. 'Data Card' was the game changer

Upvote 0
Sorry, please disregard, I think I've cracked it thanks. 'Data Card' was the game changer
Sorry, please disregard, I think I've cracked it thanks. 'Data Card' was the game changer'
It would however still be helpful to know:
Am I correct in understanding you can't add more than more than one 'Location' related field to 'Location' (like postcode and place name) that these must be added separately into another layer?
& any info on causes of 'data range not valid? Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back