Excel Charting

NYEXCEL1

Board Regular
I am trying to create a chart but i do not seem to be getting the result i am looking for. With the data below a client's name may show up multiple time in a data table with different periods listed. I am trying to get all data by client with the period on the horizontal axis and overservice on one hortizontal axis and revenue on the other horizontal axis. Ideally, i could pick the customer name from a dropdown menu and all the data related would populate the chart. Any help would be welcome?

Customer NameHours Time Cost )Fiscal PeriodNet RevenueOverservice
Client A342.75 $ 46,038.75 201203 $ 18,303.86 151.5%
Client A240.25 $ 31,006.25 201204 $ 19,154.34 61.9%
Client B234 $ 42,125.00 201206 $ 28,759.63 46.5%
Client B190.75 $ 34,568.75 201207 $ 19,000.00 81.9%
Client C341.25 $ 56,156.25 201208 $ 19,641.73 185.9%

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup>

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
like this downloadable file? Dropdown in A1
<embed src="https://www.box.com/embed/2stji9tqdjaz12h.swf" wmode="opaque" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="400" width="466">

Upvote 0
I took a look and we are heading in the right direction. that table is in a pivot table and when i am creating the chart i wanted the title of the chart to reflect the client i am choosing. the pivot charts have buttons but the name of the client does not appear when you make the selection. any way to make the title reflect that choice?

Upvote 0
So the chart is a pivot chart? That's usually good news, as we can usually put the Client in the page field and have it appear as a drop down on the chart. Can you post the workbook or a version of it somewhere?

Upvote 0
Given the nature of the information i cannot post. I have customer name as a field and currently i have located in the report filter area on the pivot table list. I dont see any options to create a drop down menu from this field. can you tell me how to do that?

Upvote 0
Can't you post a cut-down version, search and replace the sensitive stuff with meaningless data, reduce the amount of data, and delete any non-relevant sheets/data?
It's awfully hard to guess at what you've got, and if I get it wrong it's useless to you.
If you really don't want it in the public domain, but you're happy just for me to look at any kind of version, Private Message me here for an email address that you can send it to.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back