Excel crashes after multiple replications of worksheet

WildBurrow

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I fear I have bloated code that is causing Excel to seize up under certain conditions.
Workbook Purpose:
I have created a workbook that is used to create inspection reports. While each report has about 50 similar fields, each form may also have up to 50-75 additional cells of information. Because of the size of data collection, I did not utilize the User From function in Excel.
Data Flow:
Information is collected on a worksheet, which is referred to as a form (e.g. "Initial Inspection Form"). The "form" has a large number of blank cells and is formatted to look like a user form/database screen. With macros, the data is pushed to two locations: 1) a "Master Form" which pushes select information to a separate worksheet, and 2) to a "report", which has been formatted to look like a properly typeset report (referred to as "Initial Report").
There is a form/report that can require multiple site visits. To prevent having to copy/paste about 45 fields (mostly text), I've created a macro that would replicate the worksheet (via copy/paste special values). The user is required to enter a site visit date, which is used to rename the sheet. Once crated, the User can simply change/update the cells as needed.
Excel Seizures started after multiple worksheet replication.
I can replicate the forms about 15 times. Excel will save the information and will close properly. However, upon relaunch, Excel will seize up...even is Safe Mode. I've tried replicating the sheets with the macro AND I've also manually copied the worksheet (right click on worksheet tab, select Move or Copy). Each time, the workbook will open but will seize up after a simple navigation, such as clicking the first tab in the workbook. I am forced to Ctrl+Alt+Del to close the program.
The template (without replicated sheets) is about 3 MB large. The workbook (WITH replicated sheets) is about 6 MB large. I have looked at the following to determine if something is in error, and could find nothing: Checked constants/formulas, conditional formatting, objects, data validation, and Name Manager.
General workbook info
1) The workbook ALWAYS loads slowly....probably due to my code. My code is very much like a square wheel, but not knowledgeable enough to fix it.....to this point, its been getting the job done.
2) I have a Form navigation function that allows the user to select sheets from the "Dashboard" (first sheet in the workbook). Sadly, even this this macro removed, the workbook will still seize up the moment I try to navigate to any page.

Any suggestions as to where I might look for a remedy to this issue?

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back