Excel FaceID - individual icons

Formula11

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, is there anywhere these individual icons are available.

VBA Ribbon - Face Ids 2003
For the latest Office version though.

I was planning on inserting some of the images in a VBA userform.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
IIRC those icons are part of a "sheet" (dll file) and can only be used by referencing the face id. If you Google "excel button icons" or similar, you'll find there are tons of links and millions of icons that you can use as the picture property for a userform button.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I have tried this but can't find anywhere.
I think it may be because all the icons may be inside something like a dll file.

Upvote 0
That has not been my experience. All of the icons I have were individually downloaded or as collections. Maybe this is one you could use

Upvote 0
OK thanks, but the icons are as per link in OP, called FaceID.

Upvote 0
Sorry, you're not making sense to me. Here is the individual icon that I have for #1 face id at that link. Forum probably won't do it justice, but...

spelling.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi, yes you're right, however I still could not find even this icon in your link.
Point taken though.
But is there a site with just the Face IDs exactly as they appear in Excel.

Upvote 0
I didn't say I got it from there. I have no definitive answer to your last question except to say that the posted icon is just one of over 2,700 individual icons that I've collected over the years. Some are in collections. The posted one came from Access Toolbar Icons collection. A lot of icons are applicable to more than one Office app so if you find Access or Excel icon downloads they might contain usable images. You'll just have to search, I guess.

Upvote 0
As far as I am aware, there isn't a handy, up-to-date 'catalogue' of FaceIDs - though I have thought about preparing one. FaceIDs are a bit random and there doesn't appear to be much of a rhyme or reason as to how, where or why they are added, though I would be curious to learn more about them. It's easy enough for you to create your own 'catalogue' of FaceIDs if you're really interested, though - essentially, it's just a matter of looping through a range of numbers, and then copying and pasting each FaceID to a worksheet. I can dig out some code that accomplishes this if you like. Alternatively, there are addins to Excel that will generate a tab in the ribbon and display a select range of them. When I tried to make my own catalogue, I recall that the last FaceId I could find was around the #18000 range, but that's not to say that there are 18000 FaceIDs. There can be hundreds/thousands of blank ones in between each of them!

But may I ask what you wanted them for in your Userform? I'm curious because I can probably save you some time or come up with a better solution. For example, you may be better off using the newer imageMso - these are the images you see used in the Ribbons and throughout the Office product suite, whereas FaceIDs are those images that you see in the VBA Editor.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back