Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
  4. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I worked on an excel file on a PC using an older version of excel,
when I tried to open the file on my PC with an updated version excel i get the following message:
we found a problem withsome content in filenam.xlxm do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? if you trust the source of this workbook, click yes.
when clicked yes i get : Removed Part: /xl/vbaProject.bin part. (Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)) with a link to xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error098560_02.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'H:\New folder (2)\Transport - Copy.xlsm'</summary><removedParts><removedPart>Removed Part: /xl/vbaProject.bin part. (Visual Basic for Applications (VBA))</removedPart></removedParts></recoveryLog>

the file still works on computer with older version(i used it on several computers with older version )
Evenwhen i saved it in oolder version as xlxs i get this message and after click yes i get: Removed Part: Data store.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Since you can still run it without error on your old PC, perhaps you should export all the VBA project's userforms, code modules, and class modules to disk on the old PC, then save the file to .xlsx (stripping the macros out) on the old PC. Then move all those files to the new PC and attempt to import the forms and code modules into the saved xlsx and see if you can get everything working again.

Upvote 0
I never tried to work with import and export vba
but in my case even when saving the file as xlxs it has problem with a message like "we found a problem withsome content in filenam.xlxm do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? if you trust the source of this workbook, click yes."
if i click yes i lose sum basic formatting as merged cells

Upvote 0
Shloime, Let's establish the facts.
There are no files in excel with extensions xlxm, xlxs. Instead, there is xlsm, xlsx. I understand that this is a typo.
What version of the file are you referring to when you claim it is an "old version". Is this file still in xls format (up to XL 2003), or already from a newer version (at least 2007)?
If it was an XLS file, how did you convert it to XLSM?

Artik

Upvote 0
it was just a typing mistake the file is an xlsm
I actually created the file on a computer using a new version but I added sum stuff on an old computer.
I also tried to save the same file as xlsx and it still does not work with the new version.
I now to to remover all sheets and save as xlsx and i got this message with report Removed part. Data Store

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for your answers!
I opened another post which is much more important to me should be a common thing but i got no replies.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back