Excel Formula for showing a picture.

rharri1972

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning!
I have created a form in an excel sheet, (not a vba form, just a worksheet). It is a questionnaire in which I will type in answers given by the customer. This will be height/weight, medications and health questions. I would like to automate this as it can assist in pointing me in the right direction for the product to offer. This worksheet is titled "FORM".
Focusing on the height and weight I want to have the sheet automatically show if someone is within range.
I have a second worksheet "CHART" with all of the heights and weights.

On worksheet "CHART" A2 has weight minimum and C2 has weight maximum with B2 containing the height. EXAMPLE range (min wgt) (height) (max wgt) : 82 4'8 185

On Worksheet "FORM" I will type in their height and then type in their weight. I would like for the formula to find the height on the chart in Worksheet "CHART" and then be able to "look" into columns A and C in that row of the chart and return "True/False" in the form of a Red Check picture or a Green Check picture on Worksheet "FORM". Is this even possible with a formula or will it need to be executed with vba? If one or the other can be used please show how it could be "coded". Thank you in advance for any help!!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Good morning!
I have created a form in an excel sheet, (not a vba form, just a worksheet). It is a questionnaire in which I will type in answers given by the customer. This will be height/weight, medications and health questions. I would like to automate this as it can assist in pointing me in the right direction for the product to offer. This worksheet is titled "FORM".
Focusing on the height and weight I want to have the sheet automatically show if someone is within range.
I have a second worksheet "CHART" with all of the heights and weights.

On worksheet "CHART" A2 has weight minimum and C2 has weight maximum with B2 containing the height. EXAMPLE range (min wgt) (height) (max wgt) : 82 4'8 185

On Worksheet "FORM" I will type in their height and then type in their weight. I would like for the formula to find the height on the chart in Worksheet "CHART" and then be able to "look" into columns A and C in that row of the chart and return "True/False" in the form of a Red Check picture or a Green Check picture on Worksheet "FORM". Is this even possible with a formula or will it need to be executed with vba? If one or the other can be used please show how it could be "coded". Thank you in advance for any help!!
Hello! What you have described is difficult to do without VBA. A simpler solution would be to use UNICHAR inside your formula. I have also included a link to a list of UNICHAR symbols available to use. See the attached worksheet for an example.

Book1
B
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B3B3=IF(A3=FALSE,UNICHAR(10060),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back