Excel Formula to fill out a form

mindmage7

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I have created a workbook and have been tinkering with it for a while. The spreadsheet I have been working on uses one sheet to enter in information for fire alarm systems. I put in the address and the number of the different devices and there are multiple sheets in the workbook that do the calculations. The issue I am having is with the form. The form requires a summary of the installed devices. What I am trying to do is check a cell for a value greater than 0. If it is true then get the amount and the name of the device. If it is false then skip it. My issue is I need the formula to continue for each Device. I set up a carriage return and spacing to get the list you see on the form below. I need to not include items with a 0 count. I believe this is simple but I am not sure how to do it or even what to look for. I was trying If statements and was looking for an and, or but I do not know how to use them. There may be other better ways to do it but I am at a loss. I read on this forum that someone suggested just ask first so I am sure this will be easy for some.

I am including a picture but I can create a mini example if needed.

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

• Form below.jpg
    Form below.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 11

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
I am not clear if you had multiple criteria or not, so see if this gives you any ideas.
I have included a criteria to only Pick up Product Codes starting with "O".

Book1
ABC
19Code Begins withResult
20O1 Smoke Detector 9 Smoke Heat 12 Smoke Heat CO Detector
28DeviceCodeQuantity
29Pull StationHMS-D
30Pull StationXMS-D4
31Smoke DetectorOP9211
32Heat DetectorHI9216
33Smoke HeatOOH9419
34Smoke Heat CO DetectorOOHC94112
35Single Input Module-IsolatorXTRI-S/M1
36Smoke Other ItemOOX-XX
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B20B20=TEXTJOIN(CHAR(10),TRUE, (FILTER($C$29:$C$36,(LEFT($B$29:$B$36,LEN(A20))=A20)*($C$29:$C$36<>0),"") & " " &FILTER($A$29:$A$36,(LEFT($B$29:$B$36,LEN(A20))=A20)*($C$29:$C$36<>0),"")))

Upvote 0
Solution
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I have finally gotten a chance to look at this. I have been looking at how the solution you provided works and it definitely will work. You even took it farther than necessary. The form I am using does not separate items based on the starting part number so that was a bonus. With what you provided I am setting up a sheet that totals the devices together and uses that to fill out the form. The area for my data is 3x2, that is I have two cells side by side and each can hold 3 lines. I am playing around with what you provided so I can understand exactly how it works.

Thanks,

Tom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back