SUM formula with XLOOKUP with multiple arrays

MO11STA

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi All

Hopefully this makes sense but I'm trying to create a rolled up view of data which is extracted from multiple workbooks located in different areas, however the format of these workbooks are all the same as these are from one template.

In the Summary workbook, I'm trying to SUM the totals for each month forecast and actuals from the Template workbook. This is the formula I have created so far but this is pulling incorrect data for my actuals as per the images attached. I believe I need to include in this formula the array of either "Forecast" or "Actuals" unless there is a better option which I'm happy to utilise.

=SUM(XLOOKUP(D2,'path file[Template.xlsx]External Budget'!$M$17:$AJ$17,'path file[Template.xlsx]External Budget'!$M$29:$AJ$29)+XLOOKUP(D2,'path file[Template.xlsx]External Budget'!$M$32:$AJ$32,'path file[Template.xlsx]External Budget'!$M$44:$AJ$44))

I am unable to attach the worksheet as I can not install XL2BB on this device, so please do reach out if this does make sense or need more info.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Summary.JPG
    Summary.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Template.JPG
    Template.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 4

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Have you considered using Power Query (you have it with your 365 version)? The Mr Excel forum has a forum for Power Tools as well.

If you are not familiar with this there are plenty of excellent YouTube tutorials, check out the ones by
Mr. Excel, ExcelIsFun, MyOnlineTrainingHub, or Leila Gharani.

Here is one by MyOnlineTrainingHub:

Upvote 0
Have you considered using Power Query (you have it with your 365 version)? The Mr Excel forum has a forum for Power Tools as well.

If you are not familiar with this there are plenty of excellent YouTube tutorials, check out the ones by
Mr. Excel, ExcelIsFun, MyOnlineTrainingHub, or Leila Gharani.

Here is one by MyOnlineTrainingHub:
Hi, I haven't no as these files need to be stored in the separate relative folders

Upvote 0
Please explore. There are ways to include files from other folders, it just may not be as easily automated for the future.
Best wishes.

This video may help:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back