Excel graphs x axis scaling

brend0n

Does anyone know if you can set the values inputted on the x axis to be scaled based on their value. sorry if im not explaining right.

basically i need to graph the impacts from a certain point and at set distances away from the point.
1, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000 5000 10,000m radius when plotting this in excel i can only get these point to be spaced equal distance apart.

Is this type of data manipulation to complex for excel and I should just stick with graphing software or can it be done.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hi brend0n,

Do you want to put customer scaling (your choice of scaling) instead of Excel's automatic scaling ?
See below settings :-

Excel 2016 -> Format Axis -> Axis options -> Labels -> Automatic or Specific Intervals.

Regards,
DILIPandey

Upvote 0
hi DILIPandey,

I forgot to mention im running 2013, however i had a look at your suggestion but Im not sure if Im doignit right or its not what I'm chasing

Currently the graph looks like this (consider the">" as a equal distance [100 units])
100>200>500>1000>2000>5000>10000

what I'm trying to see if its possible is:
100>200>>500>>>>1000>>>>>>>>>2000>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5000>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>10,000

hope that makes sense, the only data points (I have) and the only labels i want to show are the numbers mentioned above.

cheers
Brend0n

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back