Excel is auto-changing linked file name!

SarahFWhite

I have a .xltm document that has several cells that contain vlookups to another workbook. The formula I'm using to get the data from the other workbook is:

=IFERROR(IF(Q2="","",VLOOKUP(Q2,'V:\Store Construction\Store\[Store Construction Division Project Information.xlsm]CURRENT'!DATA,5,FALSE)),"No Data")

When I saved and closed, then reopened the file later, Excel had changed the filepath within the formula to this:

=IFERROR(IF(Q2="","",VLOOKUP(Q2,'\\Leda\Store Construction\Store\[Store Construction Division Project Information.xlsm]CURRENT'!DATA,5,FALSE)),"No Data")

I don't know how to make it stop! :eek::mad::confused: Now everytime the file is opened by anyone in my company they get the following error:

"This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated."

I've updated, edited, and refreshed the link and it's still doing it. Someone please please please help.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
I'm surprised it caused a problem. You used a mapped drive path, which would generally vary from machine to machine. Excel converted it to a network path, which should work for everyone that has access to the share. That seems very conscientious and thoughtful on Excel's part ...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LGVBPP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back