Excel Linked Cells help

CMcCormack1

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

I am currently creating my teams rota for the 2024 year however on the current 2023 we have found an issue (late in the year i know)

Overview: We have 2 tabs on our SharePoint - One for Agents and then another which is only accessible by the Managers. We have a ROTA stored in the Managers tab which is where we populate shifts for the month and also track sickness/Annual Leave etc and then this has a link to a ROTA on the Agent tab which is read only but updates once we update our ROTA. The sickness info is hidden on the Agent ROTA with the Sheets locked down by a password.

However we have found an issue where the agents can open the spreadsheet in desktop app, double click on any cell with a link to the management rota and it will open up our rota and allow them to see everything which was previously hidden.

For next years i want to avoid this if anyone has any advice on how to make the agent rota update as we update our management rota but prevent the agents being able to double click a linked cell and open the host location? If even possible,

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back