Excel Online question

MartyCollins

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,
I have a workbook that references another workbook whose values change quite often.

Both are online on our work sharepoint -- however i have noticed that Xlookup does not work with them. (well it does when i open the source workbook in the desktop app, but then stops working when I try refresh it online)
Basically this forces me to have to open the source file in the desktop App to refresh values in the "report" file-- which is a PITA.
I have done some research and dont seem to be the first to have come across this issue but some of the posts i read were from 2017-2021 so maybe there is something new that im missing.
Appreciate any help.. maybe the 2 workbooks need to be in the same folder in sharepoint or something? (vlookups work across the 2 files but they are meh!)

Thanks,
Marty.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
You should be able to do this, on the condition that you use the a sharepoint path (URL) rather than a file path. You may need to create a link to the data first, rather than trying to calculate from a closed workbook. Pop it on a hidden sheet as a direct cell link, then perform your calculation on that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back