Excel Program Issues

Jborg

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have some issues with excel. When I go to Data >> Data Types, I only see Stock, Currencies, Geography. Presumably I should see more!!

I also noted that certain functions are not the same ie: if I use the BYROW function.......=ByRow(range,L ..... for Lambda. At this point I should see a dropdown when I type just the L, so I have to type Lambda in full.

By the way, I have Microsoft 365.......Office Insider.

Any Ideas please???

Thanks
John

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Have you tried either of the two online repair tools. If those don't work how about a re-install of 365.

I had some problems with data refresh on my Stock Data types for over a week, it was driving me crazy. I did try the two repair tools and a re-install (more than once). What did work is, I switched from being on the Insider channel to the Regular Channel.

When I made that change Microsoft completely updated my install and everything started to work again as it should. I was on the Insider channel for very long time. After that issue with all the frustration of trying to fix it, rechecking my code, etc, I realized that the juice is not worth the squeeze, and I can wait for stable releases.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. I will try a re install and see what happens.

Upvote 0
You're welcome and good luck. FYI, the install that you get when you are on the Insider Channel is a different install than when you return to the Regular Channel. If the re-install does not work for you I would suggest leaving the Insider Channel and see what happens then. You can always rejoin the Insider Channel...

Upvote 0
I did leave the Insider channel and re booted, and things remained the same. I'll see what will happen with a new installation.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back