Excel radar log

LarsP

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
We're using an excel workbook to log operators entry and exits to different areas at work.
The log contains "Operator name" "Work area" "Date/Time of entry" "EntryChecklistComplete" "Date/Time of exit".

I want to make a row of ActiveX checkboxes on top of the sheet where i can mark a work area as "Safe", so when trying to log in an operator to a "unsafe" area OR if an area becomes "unsafe" while an operator is logged in the cell containing workarea changes color. For this to work I first need to be able to separate active and unactive areas, so if someone is logged in to an area end I uncheck the checkbox for that area the "area"cell for that area changes color. But if the operator is logged out (the Date/Time for exit") is filled in, the cell doesent change color.
I have worked how to check if an area is safe and chance cell color when someone is logged in, but having a hard time how to make ONLY the active lines (areas currently being worked in) change color if checkbox for area safe is unchecked, and also how to chance cellcolors back to white if an area becomes safe again when someone already is logged in. This is a logbook for a whole year at a time, getting 10k ish entrys pr year, so cant have it check up all cells containg "area1" each time the checkbox is unchecked or checked. Might not be the best formulated question, but hope someone can point me in the right direction :)

1684608160430.png

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Instead of Active X, for this case you can use the Form Controls Checkbox. After placing the control, right click it and select the Control tab. For the cell link, link it to the cell behind the control. Under the Colors and Lines tab, set the fill to White or whatever color you want. The fill will make it so you can't see the cell value changing when you click the box, but it will be True if checked and False if unchecked. Alternatively, you could have the linked cells somewhere far off to the right or even on another sheet and then hide the cells/sheet.

Now you can use conditional formatting on the Area cells. To do this I would use a separate conditional formatting for each area to keep it from getting confusing. You might be able to combine it with an IFS, but it made my head hurt to think through that. In the formatting, have it look at the Area column and if it says "area1" and the linked cell for the Area 1 check box is checked and decide if it needs to be shaded.

1684848555668.png

temp macro work.xlsm
BCDE
2TRUEFALSETRUEFALSE
3Area
4area1
5area2
6area3
7area1
8area4
9area1
10area2
11area4
12area3
13area1
Sheet8
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
C4:C13Expression=IF(AND(C4="area1",NOT($B$2)),TRUE,FALSE)textNO
C4:C13Expression=IF(AND(C4="area2",NOT($C$2)),TRUE,FALSE)textNO
C4:C13Expression=IF(AND(C4="area3",NOT($D$2)),TRUE,FALSE)textNO
C4:C13Expression=IF(AND(C4="area4",NOT($E$2)),TRUE,FALSE)textNO

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back