Excel Slow - Copy and Paste and Toggling

brianpaul

Board Regular
Hi,

Over the past week or so my excel has been lagging. When copying a cell and pasting somewhere else in the worksheet the paste is lagged. As well, when you are moving the cursor after CTRL+C with the arrow keys its like a second or two behind. Also when toggling between other Windows 8.1 windows with the alt+tab shortcut after pressing CTRL+C doesn't flow seamlessly as it used to. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Excel or my computer. I tried disabling the hardware acceleration as was recommended by others to no avail.

Playing around with it just now, seems to make things a little better when you CTRL+C then paste CTRL+V, the press ESC which removes the dashed lines around the original copied cell. I just didn't ever have to press ESC before after pasting to have my system run normal.

Is it possible when i copied items a week ago from a PDF and pasted into an excel worksheet, this started causing these problems? Even in a fresh worksheet with nothing else open im having these problems.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyDarR

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back